Pearson Language Tests is a unit of the Pearson PLC group, dedicated to assessing and validating the English language usage of non-native English speakers. The tests include PTE Academic, PTE General (formerly known as London Tests of English), and PTE Young Learners. These are scenario-based exams, accredited by the QCA, Ofqual, and administered in association with Edexcel, the world’s largest examining body.
In 2009, Pearson Language Tests launched the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) which is endorsed by Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), the organization responsible for the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test). The test score has been aligned to the levels defined in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). PTE Academic is delivered through the Pearson Virtual User Environment (VUE) centers which are also responsible for delivering the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) worldwide.
Advantages of PTE :
1) Results are quicker compared to the results of TOEFL and IELTS.
2) Approved by the Australian Government for visa applications and accepted by thousands of institutions in the UK, Australia, USA, Canada, New Zealand, and Ireland.
3) The emphasis in the tests is on the practical use of English in everyday life. Tasks in the PTE General exams repeat the format of the exercises of modern teaching aids, which greatly simplifies the preparation for the exam.
4) You can send your scores to as many institutions as you choose – there are no additional fees for extra score reports.
5) It covers everything: listening and reading, writing and speaking.
6) The PTE certificate is recognized by UK immigration authorities, many international companies and universities in English-speaking countries.
7) Students can book test even in last moments (within 48 hours in advance).
8) PTE certificates are valid for up to two years from the date of the test.
9) Booking test date is very easy.
10) Its time duration is 3hrs.